Interfaces: PC and MAC and the screenGamma property...

Alex Rice alex at mindlube.com
Sun Jan 4 00:59:01 EST 2004

On Jan 3, 2004, at 9:07 PM, Chipp Walters wrote:
> As fine as Macs are for creating print and video, last I heard, they
> only had a 3% marketshare for all computers. So, all those other
> computers are viewing on 'non-Mac' gamma settings. I'm with Richard
> and believe Apple should consider adopting the predominant gamma
> standard. The first thing I did when getting the i-Book was reset the
> gamma.

I am not arguing with 97% making a de-facto standard. But I'm asking,
if there is/was a good reason for the Mac's funky gamma, if it was born
before the MS Windows PC gamma, and if it is a matter of principle that
Mac's haven't switched to the predominant standard. I'm not a graphics
professional- just curious.

Alex Rice <alex at mindlube.com> | Mindlube Software |
<http://mindlube.com>