Interfaces: PC and MAC and the screenGamma property...

Alex Rice alex at mindlube.com
Sun Jan 4 00:49:37 EST 2004

On Jan 3, 2004, at 3:11 PM, Richard Gaskin wrote:
> Except, ironiclly, at Pixar, where they have more Linux machines than
> Macs.
>
> <http://maccentral.macworld.com/news/2003/10/28/pixarosx/index.php?
> redirect=
> 1073135312000>

Pixar, WETA digital, and the like, are an exception because the
Unix/Linux machines are a "render wall"; a bunch of rack mounted
servers that just crank away rendering frames. Not really graphics
workstations. Although I guess a lot of stuff like Maya, Blender, etc.
is available on Linux and that will replace Macs.

> "Hating Macs"?  On the contrary.   In fact, I'm writing this on a Mac,
> as I
> have since 1987.

Sorry- I don't know why I thought you were a Windows user all of a
sudden :-)

> The one-button mouse is (soon) dead! Long live Apple!

Thanks for your rant it was interesting.

I think the hockey puck mouse must have been a cruel joke by some
hardware designer at apple.

Alex Rice <alex at mindlube.com> | Mindlube Software |
<http://mindlube.com>