Filter with more than one parameter

Sannyasin Sivakatirswami katir at hindu.org
Sun Jan 4 00:29:30 EST 2004

I think I'm missing something really simple:

on importPhotos gCurrentFolder
   set the directory to gCurrentFolder
   put the files into temp
   filter temp with "*.jpg,*.gif,*.png"
  put temp
on importPhotos

doesn't work, but

filter temp with "*.jpg"

does work... What am I doing wrong? Can we not filter a container with
multiple criteria in a single pass? I couldn't see how to use a
wildCardExpression for this and the command doesn't support full regEx,
which could do the job. I searched and searched the docs but no answer
that applies to filtering a container, just platform specific stuff for
answer file. I would also like to  filter file lists for
"*.html,*.txt,*.shtml,*.xml,*.htm.*indd" in one pass as well.

Of course we can do the following, but it seems like a lot more than
should be needed:

on importPhotos gCurrentFolder
   set the directory to gCurrentFolder
   put the files into temp
   put temp into tOnlyJpegs
   put temp into tOnlyGifs
   put temp into tOnlyPngs
   filter tOnlyJpegs with "*.jpg"
   filter tOnlyGifs with "*.gif"
   filter tOnlyPngs with "*.png"
   put tOnlyJpegs & cr & tOnlyGifs & cr& tOnlyPngs into _allPix
   put _allPix
on importPhotos

??

Sannyasin Sivakatirswami