Interfaces: PC and MAC and the screenGamma property...

Chipp Walters chipp at chipp.com
Sat Jan 3 23:07:10 EST 2004

Alex,

On Jan 3, 2004, at 1:33 PM, Alex Rice wrote:

> On Jan 3, 2004, at 3:56 AM, Richard Gaskin wrote:
>
>> Which raises the obvious question:  When will Apple play nice and
>> adopt the
>> predominant standard?
>
> For graphics, print and video production Macs *are* the standard. FWIW
> SGIs also used a similar gamma- and they were used in graphics and
> video a lot. TV and Video production is just different than PC
> computer graphics I guess.

As fine as Macs are for creating print and video, last I heard, they
only had a 3% marketshare for all computers. So, all those other
computers are viewing on 'non-Mac' gamma settings. I'm with Richard and
believe Apple should consider adopting the predominant gamma standard.
The first thing I did when getting the i-Book was reset the gamma.

best,

Chipp