button references?

Wouter wouter.abraham at pi.be
Sat Jan 3 10:32:04 EST 2004

On 03 Jan 2004, at 11:23, use-revolution-request at lists.runrev.com wrote:

> Message: 8
> Date: Sat, 03 Jan 2004 17:52:21 +0900
> From: Doug Lerner <doug at webcrossing.com>
> Subject: button references?
> To: How to use Revolution <use-revolution at lists.runrev.com>
>
> If I find myself referencing something like the following a lot:
>
> button "a" of card "mainCard" of stack "thisOtherStack"
>
> is there a shorter way of referencing this?

Yes there is. May be this way is a horror to others, but I like it :^)

Try this:
make 2 new stacks called for example "me" and "you"

in stack "you" put 1 fld with some text in it

in stack "me" put 1 btn with the following text

constant ca = "fld 1 of stack you"    -- (just for the example, you can
load a local or just a var)

on mouseup
    put the text of ca && the rect of ca
end mouseup