how to open 'non-mac' stacks from within Rev on a Mac

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Sat Jan 3 06:01:36 EST 2004

Dar Scott wrote:

> On Friday, January 2, 2004, at 09:50 PM, Ken Ray wrote:
>
>> Chipp, you can hold down the option key when you pick "Open" from the
>> File menu in Rev, and the answer file dialog that displays allows you
>> select any file. I've used this on many occasions for just the reasons
>> you mentioned.
>
> Arg!  I just needed this!  I need to spend Saturday mornings reading
> the shortcuts.

People use file selection dialogs?  ;)

They're cumbersome of all platfoms, and OS X's are so abysmally slow that I
nearly always double-click, or drag onto the Dock icon.

To get around dependency of file selection dialogs I've been adding
drag-and-drop to my apps as an option for assigning files; I just added it
to my GZipper (in RevNet) this evening (a currently undocumented feature:
just drop files onto the GZip and GUnzip buttons).

--
 Richard Gaskin
 Fourth World Media Corporation