spontaneously resizing fields

Wouter wouter.abraham at pi.be
Sat Jan 3 04:14:38 EST 2004

> Re: spontaneously resizing fields
> 	• 	From: Alex Rice
> 	• 	Subject: Re: spontaneously resizing fields
> 	• 	Date: Sat, 03 Jan 2004 01:12:37 -0800
>
> On Jan 2, 2004, at 6:39 PM, Wouter wrote:
>

> change the updateUI to :
>
> Wouter, the symptom - spontaneously resizing field- still exists for
> me using the changed updateUI handler:

Strange, I tested it in Metacard and Revolution (to be sure) in a clean
recipe stack as you suggested and here it is not resizing.
However commands that double some action seems to trigger the growing.
  In your original code the following stops the growing on my rig:

on updateUI
   if lFldLocked <> true then
     set the lockText of fld 1 to true
     set the showFocusBorder of fld 1 to false
   else
     set the lockText of fld 1 to false
     set the showFocusBorder of fld 1 to true
    select text of fld 1
   end if
   /* ####
   if (lFldLocked <> true) and (fld 1 = empty) then
     disable fld 1
   else
     enable fld 1
   end if
   ####*/
end updateUI

or

on updateUI
   if lFldLocked <> true then
     set the lockText of fld 1 to true
     set the showFocusBorder of fld 1 to false
   else
     set the lockText of fld 1 to false
     set the showFocusBorder of fld 1 to true
   -- select text of fld 1 ####
   end if
   if (lFldLocked <> true) and (fld 1 = empty) then
     disable fld 1
   else
     enable fld 1
   end if
end updateUI

But the growing starts again when:

on updateUI
   if lFldLocked <> true then
     set the lockText of fld 1 to true
     set the showFocusBorder of fld 1 to false
     select empty  ####
   else
     set the lockText of fld 1 to false
     set the showFocusBorder of fld 1 to true
    select text of fld 1
   end if
   /*
   if (lFldLocked <> true) and (fld 1 = empty) then
     disable fld 1
   else
     enable fld 1
   end if
   */
end updateUI

But stops again when:

on updateUI
   if lFldLocked <> true then
     set the lockText of fld 1 to true
    ### set the showFocusBorder of fld 1 to false
     select empty  ####
   else
     set the lockText of fld 1 to false
     set the showFocusBorder of fld 1 to true
    select text of fld 1
   end if
   /*
   if (lFldLocked <> true) and (fld 1 = empty) then
     disable fld 1
   else
     enable fld 1
   end if
   */
end updateUI

> Alex Rice <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> | Mindlube Software |
> <http://mindlube.com>

Sorry it didn't help you.
Greetings,
WA