Photo Catalog-Re Ordering Photos with captions

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Fri Jan 2 23:47:24 EST 2004

> But now, if I want to re-order the photos... what is the best
> strategy?
> Implement a drag and drop? let's say the photo and its
> caption which is
> 5th in the sequence left to right needs to move to position 2, I
> suppose we could drag it and some how drop it between the
> existing 1 &
> 2 and via some algorithm, move all the photos to the right by one
> increment of 370 pixels and reset the layers for everyone... not
> trivial... Or perhaps my original plan was better, keep a list in a
> palette window that the use can re-order which dynamically re-assigns
> file names to the image controls, which will keep there ordinal layer
> position. Problem is, that's not intuitive... file names look like
> "1-2-04_01.jpg" and its much more obvious to drag and drop the actual
> photo you see you want to move.
>
> Any thoughts?

Well, it looks like you hit them both on the head... an
intuitive/difficult approach, or a non-intuitive/easy approach...

Personally, if you've got the time, I'd go for the intuitive/difficult
approach... apart from the fact that it would best serve your customers,
you'd have a neet "image-reordering-widget" you could use on other
projects. :-)

Just my 2 cents,

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software