Interfaces: PC and MAC and the screenGamma property...

Alex Rice alex at mindlube.com
Fri Jan 2 19:10:16 EST 2004

On Jan 2, 2004, at 4:51 PM, Chipp Walters wrote:

> open stack URL
> "http://www.altuit.com/webs/altuit2/RunRev/GammaTest.rev"

Instead of "adjust the screenGamma property to match what the PNG
expects." as the TD says, is it possible to adjust the PNG data's gamma
setting on the fly, and not touch the screenGamma property? Not knowing
about the PNG format much, I donnow how hard it would be.

Using JPG is of course not possible when requiring trnsparency, alpha
channel, or non-lossy compression.

BTW, did you try this to reset the display of the images, instead of go
next; go next?

   put img "bg1.jpg" into img "bg1.jpg"
   put img "bg1.png" into img "bg1.png"
   put img "bg1.bmp" into img "bg1.bmp"

It works for the PNG but broke the BMP for me.

Alex Rice <alex at mindlube.com> | Mindlube Software |
<http://mindlube.com>