print break -bug or feature?

R. Hillen mail at richard-hillen.de
Fri Jan 2 13:21:47 EST 2004

Hello listees,

I made a printstack to print Adress-Labels (8 x 5 cm) on paper 20 X 30
cm.
After having printed all cds with names beginning with "A" (say
cd1...cd4)
I wanted to start a new page for labels with names beginning with "B"
(cd5...cd6) and so on.

So I wrote:

open printing with dialog
print cd 1 to 4
print break
print cd 5 to 6
--and so on
close printing

I got a page with the labels of cd1 to 4, and a new page with labels of
cd 5 to 6.
But on the second page the labels didn´t start at the topleft of the
page, but at the location, where the label of cd 4 ended on the page
before.

So my question: What means "print break"?

Did I meet a bug or is it a feature?
And if it is a bug, is there a workaround?

Thank you in advance for your help, have a good 2004!

Richard Hillen
(MacOSX 10.3.2, RunRev 2.1.2)