Dual port video card

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Thu Jan 1 14:13:36 EST 2004

On Thursday, January 1, 2004, at 11:49 AM, Ops wrote:

> Thank you!!  ...you know, now that you've all "clued me in"...when I
> *did*
> have limited time with this machine, I'm thinking that I saw the video
> "setup" as one "double-wide" monitor...it showed 2 "screens" side by
> side....I'll bet that's the case and simply adjusting the loc of my
> stacks
> will get the job done!!

Sorry, I didn't respond the first time.  I didn't realize you meant a
desktop monitor; I thought you were making movies or something.  I
didn't even realize you were using Windows.  I should have seen the
backslashes.  Sorry.  I'm glad you were persistent.

I think others have covered most of what you need.  I'll add this:

Put your controls as much as possible on the primary monitor.  Tooltips
and some menus and the such do not work correctly on the second monitor.

If you need to develop without the two monitors, have a development
mode in which you put put the stacks into dressed windows within the
primary monitor with scrollbars.  In the delivery mode, they lose the
scrollbars and window dressing and are placed where they should be.
Make sure you can switch modes.  Plan on some time to fiddle with this
on the two-monitor system.  There might be some surprises.  If your
development resolution is greater than the delivery 2-monitor
resolution, then you need not fool with setting up scrollbars--I use
this method.

In some apps, the primary monitor is "computerish" and can have a
normal window.  In that case, it does not need to fill the screen.  I
usually put the start bar on the left of the desktop in that case.

Dar Scott