using a custom property as a sort key ?

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Sun Feb 29 15:08:46 EST 2004

Christopher Mitchell wrote:

> I just want to re-order a stack of cards to the numeric order that is in
> their custom property, but you have to be on the right card in order to
> do that.  I'd rather not have to go to the card and just sort by the
> index, but that doesn't seem to give any useful order.

This may be one of those cases where a hidden field is optimal, allowing
you to use something like:

   sort cards by field "MyCardNum"

But if you have to use custom props, walking through the cards is really
fast since everything in Rev is RAM-based.  And you don't need to go to
a card to access its properties:

   get the uCardNum of cd 12

--
  Richard Gaskin