using a custom property as a sort key ?

Christopher Mitchell chrism at lumin.us
Sun Feb 29 12:28:16 EST 2004

On Feb 29, 2004, at 1:10 AM, J. Landman Gay wrote:

> On 2/28/04 10:55 PM, Christopher Mitchell wrote:
>> using a hidden background field to do the work of a custom property
>> is a kludge.
>
> Okay. How about:
>
>  sort cards of this stack by (the index of this cd)
>
> I didn't try it but it should work. Let us know.

That won't work unless you're on the card with Index = 1

> Right. Note that marking cards does not reorder them in the stack. If
> you don't care about the card order and you just want to go to a
> specific card, then using marked cards is definitely simpler.
>
> I think there are two different things going on. Sorting the cards
> re-orders them but doesn't necessarily move you to a specific card.
> Marking one and then going to it takes you there but doesn't rearrange
> the cards in the stack. I'm still not quite sure which one you want to
> do.

No, it's really just one thing.  I want to do both.  I want to
find/goto the card with Index = 1, then sort by the index of that cd.

I just want to re-order a stack of cards to the numeric order that is
in their custom property, but you have to be on the right card in order
to do that.  I'd rather not have to go to the card and just sort by the
index, but that doesn't seem to give any useful order.