Rev on ICQ ?

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Sat Feb 28 20:03:06 EST 2004

Douglas Mackay wrote:

> I think it would be realy cool for some people to start a comunity on I.C.Q. , I so often want to ask questions "live" with other developers .
> What do you other revolultionist think  ?

Is ICQ interoperable with AIM yet?  They're both owned by AOL.

A lot of Revvers have AIM.  I haven't used ICQ in years.  I don't mind
it, but it got to the point where I had AOL, ICQ, Yahoo, IRC, and MSN
running, and no RAM left for my work. :) I decided to pick one and
stopped publishing my handles for other services.

Reminds me of the studid days of email, when you have to have separate
addresses for AOL, Compuserve, Prodigy and the Internet, and none of
them could talk with one another.

I hope I'm wrong about IM; seems long overdue for these vendors to
either interoperate or just get out of the way.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Media Corporation