Dan's book-why an index???

Marian Petrides mpetrides at earthlink.net
Sat Feb 28 13:28:59 EST 2004

search? Isn't an index sort of redundant? I've never once seen a PDF
book with an index I thought was at all useful.

Not if you print the PDF and use the hard copy.

I prefer to read hard copy books--largely because I like highlighting
and annotating them with marginal notes. I seriously thought of buying
the hardcopy version but I wanted your book yesterday (as opposed to in
a week or two post-shipping). Sooooo... I bought it and promptly
printed it out--all 300 pages plus or minus.  Now I use the hardcopy
exclusively.  As a consequence, the lack of an index is a real drawback
for me.

FWIW, I gather others also are printing the whole thing out because
someone was bemoaning the cost of getting Kinko's to print and bind the
PDF.

If you've already done an index, why would you not include it in the
PDF??  Is there a way for purchasers of the PDF to get the index, too?

Marian