support contract

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Sat Feb 28 00:12:35 EST 2004

On 2/27/04 10:21 PM, Mark Wieder wrote:

> Thanks, but that's not really the point, I think. When I renewed my
> license it was because my time had come and it was time to shell out
> for another year. There wasn't anything about a new contract, or about
> what I would now be getting or not getting for that. I suppose that if
> I didn't know about the 10-occurrences-per-year email support there
> must be other things in the contract I also don't know about.

"Contract" was the wrong word; I should have just said something like
"registration letter" or "licensing confirmation letter." Pro users who
upgrade to Enterprise are entitled to what is listed on the web site. I
didn't mean to imply there were any secrets.

When a license is purchased, the user gets an email. It contains their
unlock code, mentions that the customer is entitled to ten support
incidents, explains how to claim them, and says the customer will be
subscribed to the mailing list.

The advantages of an Enterprise license are listed here:

<http://runrev.com/Revolution1/licensing1.html>

There is an option in the online store to renew old Pro licenses.
Renewed Pro licenses become Enterprise licenses.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com