support contract

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Fri Feb 27 23:21:56 EST 2004

Jacque-

JLG> If you ever need to contact support, just mention in the body of your
JLG> letter that you are an Enterprise user. That will help get things
JLG> rolling and I won't make the same embarrassing mistake I made with Mark.
JLG> I really should have known better; my brain was on auto-pilot when I
JLG> responded to him.

Thanks, but that's not really the point, I think. When I renewed my
license it was because my time had come and it was time to shell out
for another year. There wasn't anything about a new contract, or about
what I would now be getting or not getting for that. I suppose that if
I didn't know about the 10-occurrences-per-year email support there
must be other things in the contract I also don't know about.

I'm not bringing this up to whine about my own situation - like I
said, I've never emailed support about rev. These lists give me much
more support than I could ever ask for. Literally. I have trouble
keeping up with all the reading, even in digest mode.

I know things got thrown way out of kilter when Heather was out, so I
cut everyone a lot of slack. And I *do* appreciate your picking up the
ball in helping out with support. I do think, though, that everyone
should end up on the same square at some point.

...at any rate... I seem to have 10 opportunities to get support from
runrev, and I don't expect to be using them. Can I auction them off to
the highest bidder? What do I hear, folks? I haven't checked the
support agreements, but these things can't be cheap... Come on - let's
start the bidding going...

--
-Mark Wieder
 mwieder at ahsoftware.net