[Ticket#: 200402251000459] Re: Windows XP file recognition?

Mark Brownell gizmotron at earthlink.net
Fri Feb 27 14:23:38 EST 2004

On Friday, February 27, 2004, at 11:09  AM, Mark Wieder wrote:

> J.-
>
> Friday, February 27, 2004, 9:45:05 AM, you wrote:
>
> JLG> My apologies. Yes, I can clear up the support response (since I
> wrote
> JLG> it) and it is probably a good idea to mention this here. The
> support
> JLG> staff don't have access to the purchasing records of the
> customers. When
> JLG> you purchased your Enterprise edition, instructions for using your
> JLG> 10-incident support contract were given in the registration
> letter you
> JLG> received. The support staff looks for a particular subject title
> code in
> JLG> order to know whether you are an entitled support user or not.
> Naturally
> JLG> I can't give that code here on the list, but instructions are
> provided
> JLG> with every Enterprise contract.
>
> Well, this is news to me. Since I never "purchased" an Enterprise
> edition, but my Pro edition became an Enterprise edition when I
> renewed, I have no such contract. My original registration letter says
> that I am entitled to free email support until the one-year time
> period runs out. Obviously the terms and conditions have changed.
>
> Not that I have needed to try to get specialized email support that I
> couldn't get from this list, mind you, but I'm putting this to the
> list because there may be others in this same boat.
>
> --
> -Mark Wieder

Mine was a Pro edition too. I just took stuff off the current website
for reference. You wouldn't happen to be British would you? The British
have a gift for understatement. I know because I had to walk up hill
both ways to go to school while I was growing up. :-)

For the record this is the first time I ever tried to get support help
from any software developer. So all those years with Director I either
RTFMed, got help from the user-list, or figured it out myself. I guess
I have some kind of I never needed help so there trip...

:-)
Mark