File associations in Panther

James.Cass at sealedair.com James.Cass at sealedair.com
Fri Feb 27 13:43:14 EST 2004

I have been a Apple/Mac aficionado since the Apple ][ days.  And I have
defended Apple against the "Evil Windows Users" in some debates that felt
like a verbal Aikido sparring match.  But here we are in Panther 20 years
after the first Mac, and the Finder window STILL doesn't update to show a
programmatically copied file unless you tickle the window by clicking in
it (or using the AppleScript "update folder' command)!  Now that's just
inexcusable.  This is not a characteristic, this is a major FLAW.  It is
these kinds of "characteristics" that provide ammo to those who criticize
the MacOS for not being a serious operating system.

Harumph!!
-James

Richard Gaskin <ambassador at fourthworld.com>
Sent by: use-revolution-bounces at lists.runrev.com