The "Answer with dialog"

hershrev hershbp at realtorsgroup.us
Fri Feb 27 13:24:28 EST 2004

On Friday, February 27, 2004, at 04:08 AM, Jeanne A. E. DeVoto wrote:

> At 11:36 PM -0500 2/26/2004, hershrev wrote:
>> On Thursday, February 26, 2004, at 08:22 PM, Jeanne A. E. DeVoto
>> wrote:

>>> You can set your own icon: see the gRevAppIcon and gRevSmallAppIcon
>>> keywords.
>>>
>>> If you put empty into these global variables, you get no icon at all.
>> This is the error I get;
>>     	compiling at 11:31:37 PM
>> Type	Handler: bad command
>> Object	Button 1
>> Line	answer gRevAppIcon "testing" with "ok"
>

> This isn't valid syntax, as you can see from looking at the dictionary
> entry.
>
>   on mouseup
>     global gRevAppIcon
>     put the short ID of image "My Icon" into gRevAppIcon
>     answer "This is a dialog box with my custom icon."
>     put empty into gRevAppIcon
>     answer "This is a dialog box with no icon."
>   end mouseUp
Now I'm even more confused , what should be done and what not. I don't
have any image to put . I just want to put empty. What should be the
exact syntax to display an empty dialog
e.g.
on mouseUp
   answer empty "abc" with "yes " or "no"
   Or to put my owen icons.
   answer myimage "abc" with "yes " or " no"
end mouseUp