The "Answer with dialog"

Jeanne A. E. DeVoto revolution at jaedworks.com
Fri Feb 27 04:08:19 EST 2004

At 11:36 PM -0500 2/26/2004, hershrev wrote:
>On Thursday, February 26, 2004, at 08:22 PM, Jeanne A. E. DeVoto wrote:
>
>>At 6:45 PM -0500 2/26/2004, hershrev wrote:
>>>Hello,
>>>Is it possible to remove the "R"  from the "answer with" dialog  ?
>>
>>You can set your own icon: see the gRevAppIcon and gRevSmallAppIcon keywords.
>>
>>If you put empty into these global variables, you get no icon at all.
>This is the error I get;
>     	compiling at 11:31:37 PM
>Type	Handler: bad command
>Object	Button 1
>Line	answer gRevAppIcon "testing" with "ok"

This isn't valid syntax, as you can see from looking at the dictionary entry.

   on mouseup
     global gRevAppIcon
     put the short ID of image "My Icon" into gRevAppIcon
     answer "This is a dialog box with my custom icon."
     put empty into gRevAppIcon
     answer "This is a dialog box with no icon."
   end mouseUp

Also, if you want a title bar, you can use the titled parameter:

   answer "This text is in the dialog" with "OK" or "Cancel" titled
"Dialog Title Here"
jeanne a. e. devoto ~ jaed at jaedworks.com
http://www.jaedworks.com