Printing problem

David Squance squance at elkvalley.net
Thu Feb 26 22:54:11 EST 2004

>>On 2/25/04 11:43 PM, David Squance wrote:
>>>
>>> Well, I remembered a short while ago seeing in the docs that an area of a
>>> card can be specified for printing, eg 0,0 to 500,300 (or the mouseloc, in
>>> their example).  So I dumped the mask button and tried that.  No joy.  Any
>>> more suggestions gratefully received.
>>
>>Have you tried isolating the problem to see if it is the printer driver
>>or actually the stack? I guess the next thing I'd try is to print to a
>>PDF file. If that works, then it would be the print driver causing the
>>hang.
>>
>>You'll have to show the print dialog to print to PDF, if your scipt
>>isn't doing that already.
>>
>>How about other stacks? Can you print from one of those okay?
>
>I tried printing a card from the previous project [the one you'd helped me
>with the cloning problem] and had the same problem.  This is a recent
>problem.  I printed successfully from both projects until a couple of days
>ago.  I haven't tested printing with another printer or on a different
>computer/platform since the hang up probem started.  I don't know how to
>set things to print to a pdf file.  My printer driver (all I get with the
>'answer printer' command) has very little control. (It's an Epson 740i and
>I can't even select black and white).  The page setup only appears to be
>available when printing fields.  Printing cards is not mentioned in the
>docs under 'revShowPrintDialog'.  I don't have any problem printing from
>other apps, though most of them are classic, and the dialog is much better
>(IMHO).
>Dave

Hi again,
Sorry for being so thick on the print dialog.  I guess I just haven't cared
enough to check all the  options in the Jaguar version of the driver for my
printer.  I see now how to do some of that--like the pdf and b/w.  However,
it may be that it is OS 10.3.2 which is the root of the problem, because I
downloaded a classic copy of Rev (also 2.1.2) and it printed without
crashing.  Odd.  Now I'm curious if a windows build under OS9 will give me
Courier fonts on printing.  Will test it Friday or Saturday.
Dave