International calendar

Sarah Reichelt sarahr at genesearch.com.au
Thu Feb 26 21:33:29 EST 2004

As some of you already know, I have made a calendar stack to allow
graphical date entries and avoid any problems with differing date
formats. Dom very kindly translated it into French for me, but after
looking at his changes, I think that I can make it automatically
international IF the system monthNames and system weekdayNames are
correct for each language. If your system uses a language other than
English, please could you reply to this email directly i.e. not to the
list, answering the following questions:

1. What language does your system use?
2. What operating system do you use?
3. Does "the system monthNames" give you the correct month names for
your language?
4. Does "the abbrev system monthNames" give you the correct month
abbreviations for your language?
5. Does "the system weekdayNames" give you the correct day names for
your language?
6. Does "the abbrev system weekdayNames" give you the correct day name
abbreviations for your language?
7. If you look at the first 2 characters only of each line in "the
abbrev system weekdayNames", does that correctly identify each day?
8. Do you start your week on Sunday or Monday?
9. Would you like me to email you a copy of the stack when it's
finished?

Thanks very much,
Sarah
sarahr at genesearch.com.au