disabled buttons

Thomas McGrath III 3mcgrath at adelphia.net
Thu Feb 26 20:12:48 EST 2004

Ken,

On Feb 26, 2004, at 5:44 PM, Ken Norris wrote:

> Then you are saying you want a different altered state which is not
> disabled. Is that what you mean?
Yes that is what I meant. I figured it out by grouping another grayed
out button over the group and vis/not vis. It works.

> My point is that you don't need to do that. Check the Icons and Border
> properties in the button's inspector. There are 5 (count'em) possible
> button
> states in Rev, each of which can have it's own icon.
> Yep, but for the life of me I cannot figure out why you can't set up a
> button with different states to do what you want.
I might be missing something here (I hope) but I need to have the
graphic image 1(button up) with icon 1(cute picture) over it (that is
two button states at the same time). Then when pushed the graphic image
1(button up) is switched to graphic image 2 (button down) and still has
the icon 1(cute picture) over it but down to the right - following the
behavior of a normal button that has that large of a gradated shadow.
Again these button MUST match the ones used in the hardware device so I
have no control over the behavior I need.

So, I feel I need two buttons - one has two states (button up and
button down) and the other has cute icon 1 that moves when the whole
group is pressed. Boy if I didn't need the two buttons that would be
great.
AHH but here is the clincher - I ALSO need the button
semi-quazi-disabled (disabled but take messages to reset the system)

So NOW I have thee buttons in one group and they do what I need. But it
is bulky...........

Also, I scripted it so that no buttons or groups have any scripts in
them and all buttons are controlled via a card script.

I uploaded a new stack to show what it looks like:

go URL "http://users.adelphia.net/~3mcgrath/Buttons.rev"

Thanks ken for sticking with me on this -

I am about to ask you to show me with my own buttons how to accomplish
what these buttons do.

But not yet :-}

Tom

Thomas J. McGrath III