Important question regarding next major Rev version]

Robert Brenstein rjb at rz.uni-potsdam.de
Thu Feb 26 03:40:12 EST 2004

>Hi Valetia,
>
>Though I'm somewhat suspicious of first-time-posters with such a dire
>outlook, I'll do my best to try and answer some of your questions, and
>perhaps pose a few in return.
>
>>- real list fields with the option for real column headers that can
>>be dragged around and with built-in column sorting like real
>>columns do. You know what I'm talking about. "Normal" development
>>environments allow you to drag these things right into your
>>project, no fuss.

Chipp, Valetia is hardly a first-time poster if you care to check the
archives. He might have come strong but we should understand where he
is coming from and be sympathetic rather than trying to prove to him
that he is wrong .It seems that every few months someone vents their
frustration with Rev on the list. This must mean something. How many
do it in private we will never know. I know that while I am normally
quite happy with the environment and heartedly recommend it to
anyone, I also have ocassional bouts of such frustration when
exceeding my threshold of having to work around bugs or
inconsistences or hitting some limits. Some of these could have and
should have been addressed by now. Let's not forget that each of us
uses Rev somewhat differently, so we run into somewhat different
issues and have a different look at what is and what should be. But
at least we now have (still greatly under-utilized) voting option in
Bugzilla as a means to give feedback to Rev team on our collective
priorities.

Robert Brenstein