Important question regarding next major Rev version

Alex Rice alex at mindlube.com
Thu Feb 26 02:52:52 EST 2004

On Feb 25, 2004, at 11:35 PM, Valetia Lowe wrote:

> Will the upcoming release of rev take care of *ALL* of these
> issues???????? Really??? On all platforms including Windows??

Those who can respond in detail to what's in the next release are under
non-disclosure agreement.

But I sympathize and also wish for more "roadmap" types of
announcements from Runrev.

Something that you should be aware though is that except for Mac OS X
"appearance manager", all the other look & feels, including Windows and
Linux, are all *emulated*. That means native controls are *not being
used*.

Emulated controls are actually quite common among cross-platform GUI
toolkits.

So you should not be expecting native controls everywhere- that is
simply not how Rev works, in past and present releases at least.

That is my understanding at least, and would be glad to be corrected
about the native vs. emulated controls specifics in Runrev.

Hope this helps,

--
Alex Rice | Mindlube Software | http://mindlube.com