Serious applications

Alejandro Tejada capellan2000 at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 25 17:08:53 EST 2004

on Wed, 25 Feb 2004 15:20:23 +0100
Mark Albrecht wrote:
> So: Probably "serious applications" are not a
> problem to do with
> Revolution if you have the time and money to get
> your code-slaves speak Transcript.

Ah! Learning a new computer language.

How much time did it takes to learn a new
computer language like Transcript if:

a) You are experienced in other computer languages,
like c, java, javascript, etc.
b) You do not have any experience with programming!

I'll really like to have a DEFINITIVE answer about
this. A real scientific answer, i mean.

> A well designed project only needs about
> 30% of time spent
> in writing code, the rest is concept, design etc -
> so the language is
> only a component of the "code processing" part of
> the project, with only
> is less than a third of the project, meaning:
> Revolution is just as good
> as any other IDE - and only just as bad as any
> poorly designed project.

This is a good concept. Indeed, i do not remember
been read about a book on project management with
HyperTalk (The language in the x-talk family with
more books published).

Could you recommend a good book in this area that
could be applied to the programming style of
Transcript?

This info is really important, so
thanks in advance.

al