Serious applications

jbv jbv.silences at Club-Internet.fr
Wed Feb 25 15:14:56 EST 2004

Hi again,

> surely I don't want this to continue, as there is not much sense in
> comparing languages that have their specific meaning and areas of use.
>
> > Seriously, do you really think it'll take long for any english-speaking
> > person with a coder bkground to understand "set visible of btn 1 to true" ?
>
> But if "button->visible(TRUE)" is doing the same, why would you want to
> type in a complete sentence in a foreign language?
> "button->visible(TRUE)" is easy to read, short and may make a complex
> code faster to understand.
>
> No, stop - really, I don't want that question to be ANSWERED, it's just
> rhethorical!

No really, my purpose WAS NOT to compare (again) the benefits of C and
Transcript syntax.
The point I wanted to make was : is it really a huge task to learn Transcript
for
anyone who speaks english and is already a coder (in C or any other language) ?
IMHO the answer is NO. The basic concepts are quite simple : hierarchy of
objects, sending messages and handlers structure. Again, I've seen ppl getting
those concepts in less than 1 hour...

And my remark was concerned ONLY with productivity, and NOT comparison
of various syntax.

Best,
JB