Serious applications

Thomas McGrath III 3mcgrath at adelphia.net
Wed Feb 25 09:59:04 EST 2004

3S,

You need to give Rev more than just a couple of hours to get a
realistic feel for how it can help you.

I have turned a few people's addiction to Director upside down with my
very first Rev product. The company I work for did not understand the
import of REV as a RAD, BUT the outsource company (mostly Director
users and flash, saw how much work I was able to get done using a RAD
tool in such a short amount of time) went out and bought a copy of Rev
and started learning it right away. I think they felt threatened by Rev
versus Director for RAD.

The other thing is, if developed and designed properly a product
produced in REV is not recognizable as a REV product BUT all Director
end products look the same. If a tools can create a product that no
longer looks like the tool it came from is a powerful statement about
that tool. Director can not do this (easily).

So in my opinion that places REV above tools like Director but right
below tools like Codewarrior which is where it should be. The speed
increase in using REV for rapid application development and for
prototyping is great.

Tom

On Feb 25, 2004, at 2:02 AM, 3S wrote:

> has been testing Revolution for a couple of hours and looks a little
> bit
> inmature

Thomas J. McGrath III
SCS