RunRev Pricing

Thomas McGrath III 3mcgrath at adelphia.net
Wed Feb 25 09:48:00 EST 2004

FWIW,
This has not been my experience for almost two years now. Almost all
OS9 users that have actually seen OSX in action(usually from my
machine) have switched. Photoshop is sound and Quark is coming along.
Office is Ok but anyone who uses OSX even for a few months 'admits' how
much more productive it really is. The hardest thing was 'Classic' mode
support. I only have 4 out of over 4,000 applications that could not
handle the switch and they were very old apps.
I have met a lot of Windows users that were so intrigued by OSX and
it's productivity increases that they have started to include Macs in
with their suite of Windows computer only offices. (and most of the old
arguments they had are no longer there and they are starting to admit
that , at least to me)

Before the past two years this was the case but now a days I am having
a hard time finding OS9 users at my professional clients.

I think the word was slow at first but now has picked up speed and the
switch is happening very fast now.

On Feb 25, 2004, at 9:32 AM, A.C.T. wrote:

> With Quark and Photoshop slowly coming along for Mac OS X the pressure
> to switch to X is increasing. The "installed base" of Mac machines is
> quite large at those customers, so I would tend to say: You will have
> Mac OS <=9 users at least for the next 2 years at a ratio of at least
> 40-60% of all installed Macs. It is difficult to predict, though,
> since I do have customers leaving the Mac completely for PCs due to
> cost/support ratios, partly performance issues and others. But that
> has nothing to do with your question, I admit.

Thomas J. McGrath III
SCS
1000 Killarney Dr.
Pittsburgh, PA 15234