revSpeak, Win XP, memory bloat.....Stupid Agents

Mathewson richmond at mail.maclaunch.com
Wed Feb 25 02:52:27 EST 2004

UMM!

  So to use revSpeak at present in Win XP we have to go
back to the future (i.e. the usual Windows nonsense)....

  So here's Richmond happily building a prototype
Intelligent Agent....
(!!!  Yes, Really  !!!)

Complete with zombie-like character revSpeaking the usual
daft phrases (remember 'Max Headroom' ?  OK, OK, I'm Scots
and I'm 42)....and why, you ask, is R so daft...why doesn't
he use AIFF files or MOV ones?

Because......they have to be embedded...and not everybody
(unlike Richmond, swank, swank) has an all-singing,
all-dancing G4 multi-processing, coffee-making,
personal-massaging computer with oodles of RAM.

The idea is.....  have a few silent MOV files with
zombie-character mouthing (i.e.e meant to look like
speaking) and then loads of revSpeak lines in fields that
can be paired with the MOVs....not completely daft!

However.....with XP and all the other SAPPY WIN systems
being out of sync. with RR this is a real 'bother'.....

Bright ideas PLEASE!!!

Love, Abuse, Richmond Mathewson
See Mathewson's software at:

http://members.maclaunch.com/richmond/default.html    and