Choices, Choices, Choices

Thomas McGrath III 3mcgrath at adelphia.net
Tue Feb 24 07:35:20 EST 2004

Hi Ken,

I knew it would be tough to get the idea across in an email. But I
guess the real thing I need to know is what are the benefits from each,
hopefully in a way that I can relate to. I do understand the overall
thing I need to do with the data since I've done it before.
The problem was that in SC The code was way too long using the
delimited field data.

Not real code but the idea behind what I need to do with it:
If item 1 of line 1 and item 2 of line 1 matches item 1 and item 2 of
line 2 then take item 3 of line 2 and make it available else make it
unavailable.
if item 1 of line 1 and item 2 of line 1 matches item 1 and item 2 of
line 3 then take item 3 of line 2 and make it available else make it
unavailable.
etc. through 130 lines
Then put 2 into key hit presses so far for this sequence.

repeat this type of thing every time a key is pressed and also if the
mouse hovers over a button then do this and display what would happen
if this key was presses. This happens over and over again.

SO, in checking this item and that item and changing button states over
and over again I need to decide what the easiest way is to store and
retrieve that data. Hopefully in a way that is a little bit easier to
read and access.

Tom