Barcode Like scanning technology on flatbed...?

MisterX b.xavier at internet.lu
Mon Feb 23 13:23:38 EST 2004

John,

it's called image recognition. Built-in any OCR for long time. There's
plenty of options now...

For programming, it's a good use of neural networks and semantic nets allow
you good control of this inclusive reconstitutions
or interpolations. Search for "image recognition faq" at google.

Heavy subject. loads of libraries and code available.

In transcript you could do it but the number of iterations
is geometrical on image size - the scale or rotate factors would become a
computational problem. So go C[++] on this, better, buy a good OCR and use
it on any scanner or buy a specialized scanner...

If it's a UPC straight and full resolution bitmap image (can't get simpler
than that for this utopical situation), it can be done in transcript with
distance calculations in relatively short time (algebra 101 algorithms).
You'd need the UPC specs though and a scale calibration. Then the fun
starts...

Xavier ;)