Scrolling a Card?

Frank Leahy frank at backtalk.com
Sun Feb 22 20:27:20 EST 2004

On Monday, February 23, 2004, at 12:19  AM,
use-revolution-request at lists.runrev.com wrote:

> Hmmm...couple of things:
>
> 1) I might try to convert it to a mouseMove because polling mouse
> events
> (repeat while the mouse is down...) hogs the processor.

Unless you have a background process that needs time in your app, it
doesn't really matter if the processor gets hogged for a bit (and OSX
should take care of other processes ok) -- but it might be interesting
to code it that way.

> 2) It doesn't appear to have bounds. What happens if you try to drag
> the
> image past the hScroll or vScroll limits of the scrollbars? Does the
> engine
> stop it automatically? Does it throw an error?
>
> Ken N.

Setting the scroll negative will pin it to zero, and setting it > max
will pin it to max.  Notice too I get the current value of the scroll
each time through the loop, so that once it's pinned mouse movement in
the opposite direction will start scrolling right away.

-- Frank