Subject: Re: Scrolling a Card?

Klaus Major klaus at major-k.de
Sun Feb 22 08:11:07 EST 2004

Hi Ken,

> Hi Klaus,
>
>> Date: Sat, 21 Feb 2004 11:57:44 +0100
>> From: Klaus Major <klaus at major-k.de>
>> Subject: Re: Scrolling a Card?
>
>> Let me see if i get you right...
>>
>> You are faking a group with separate scrollbar-objects?
> -----------
> Nope. The group has normal scrollbars (checked in Inspector for the
> group).
> I'm faking a 'grab' of the content of the group by setting
> hScroll/vScroll
> the scrollbars react like their supposed to, but that's not the
> problem...read on.
> ---------
>> Why does a goup with its v- and hscrollbar set to true does not work
>> for you?
> ----------
> It does...see above.
> ----------
>> (I am still presuming a group as high/wide as a card...)
> ----------
> The stack window, yes.
> My expression moves the group and the scrollbars react OK, but it's
> causing
> the contents to "scroll" like the scrollbars do, i.e., opposite the
> direction you move the mouse

???

Not here with my example i posted lately...

> instead of "grabbing" it and moving with the mouse.
> Does that help you to understand?

Not really :-)

If i grab the content of a group and drag it "down" the scrollbar will
go "up",
but that's the nature of scrollbars...?

> I can send you a SC project offlist that shows exactly what I want to
> do. SC

Sorry, i don't have SC anymore on my HD since version 3.5....

> 'grab' command allows message passing and rect bounds, very simple
> scripts
> (I wish Rev had this feature).

Scott Rossi has some examples of that (rect bounds) , if i remember
right...

I think it is available in RevNet...

> Like this Leica system you might have heard of:
> <http://www.lh-systems.com/products/aerial_cameras.html>

Maybe "Thumb Scroller" (waaaaaaaaaaaaay down on the RR
contribution-page)
could also be of interest to you, check it out...

> Ken N.

Regards

Klaus Major
klaus at major-k.de