simple local variable question

Phil Davis davis.phil at comcast.net
Sat Feb 21 02:14:38 EST 2004

Sorry for the confusion. You're absolutely correct about being able to
declare a local variable outside any handlers. I was mentally segregating
declarative code statements...

  local rotAngle

... into a different category than non-declarative (imperative?) code
statements, which have no way (AFAIK) of being executed apart from a
handler...

  put 20 into rotAngle

I could be wrong, but that's my understanding. My motto: When in doubt,
test! Test results are often misunderstood, but they never lie!  :o)

Phil Davis