Panther upgrade wrecks stack bindings

Jim Lyons jimlyons at earthlink.net
Fri Feb 20 15:40:33 EST 2004

I am not a happy camper today. After upgrading to Panther last night,
and being disappointed by a number of other OT things, now
double-clicking my stacks won't launch my latest version (2.1.2) of
Revolution. (Dragging them to the Rev icon or opening from Rev still
works fine.) After the upgrade, they launched the 2.0 version I still
had in the applications folder instead. I tried resaving a stack under
the new version, but double-clicking that stack still launched the old
version. So I put the old version in the trash and tried it again. This
time I got an "unexpected error" dialog and no launch at all. Then I
tried control-clicking a stack and choosing Revolution 2.1 from the
Open With... menu; that worked, so I quit and tried double-clicking
again. Now it wants to start up the OS9 environment and launch the
"fat" version of 2.1!

I restarted the system hoping that would straighten things out. Well,
now a few stacks have the normal Rev icon and do open 2.1 -- all of
them are downloaded stacks. All the stacks I made and saved with 2.1
(and a few other downloaded stacks) now have the "fat" icon and they
want to run MacOSFat version under Classic when double-clicked.
Aaaaargh!!!

Can any fellow mac types out there help me straighten this mess out?
Thanks...

Jim Lyons  8^(