OT: Web design software

Jim Hurley jhurley at infostations.com
Thu Feb 19 16:19:25 EST 2004

>Message: 1
>Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 07:19:08 -0800
>From: Richard Gaskin <ambassador at fourthworld.com>
>Subject: Re: OT: Web design software
>To: How to use Revolution <use-revolution at lists.runrev.com>
>
>Jim Hurley wrote:
>
>>  LHP (little help please)
>>
>>  I have a book coming out in the not too distant future, and would
>>  like to put some interactive RunRev applications (physics
>>  simulations) for download on a web site. (I may  put them up on my
>>  FTP site soon.)
>>
>>  I've done some HTML web pages in the past using Adobe Page Mill 1.0.
>>  It was all right for the very simple stuff.
>>
>>  I know many of you have sites that allow the user to download stacks
>>  and applications by clicking buttons.
>>
>  > Is there a relatively simple Web design application which allows this
>>  facility? I'm looking for something relatively basic; the last thing
>>  I want to do is master another state of the art application.
>
>Since you'll have to deliver a player app for users to run them, why not
>save them the extra step of using a Web browser and build a directory right
>into your app which can download and run your stack files?
>
>--
>  Richard Gaskin

Richard,

I appreciate your advice on this matter. I have no feel at all for
delivering this package via the web.

There will be about five or six separate themes. I have developed
each on one or two cards (maybe a substack) all as part of one stack.
There will be a front piece (card one) with an index and buttons to
take the user to the specific theme.

My thought was to simply create a standalone consisting of the entire
stack (it won't be large) and store that on a web site with the url
to be cited in the book.

Pretty basic. Is there a better way?

Jim