Transcript and/or ECMA - guess who started it?

Dave Cragg dcragg at lacscentre.co.uk
Thu Feb 19 13:52:07 EST 2004

At 12:27 pm -0500 19/2/04, tuviah snyder wrote:
>>  If the "do" languages were to be expanded beyond AppleScript, I think
>>  Javascript should be high on the list of priorities.
>
>It is supported. See the alternatelanguages function.

But this is Mac only, right? (And is there a Javascript option for this?)

>  It's not about
>executing JavaScript..it's about getting JavaScript to work with Rev
>objects, the debugger, and on all platforms.

I was trying to separate the two things. Some of the practical uses
of Javascript that have been mentioned have been concerned with
execution., not as an alternative to Transcript. As you say, these
are separate issues. But which would people prefer to see implemented
first?  For me, executing javascript would be more useful than having
it work with Rev objects.

Dave