rev and languages

Thomas McGrath III 3mcgrath at adelphia.net
Wed Feb 18 23:20:03 EST 2004

I don't think you are over reacting at all.  JBV

What I want to know is:
Am I wasting my time learning Transcript?
Should I be looking elsewhere for a cross platform scripting app?

My big problem is I am reading other people's scripts (OPS) and trying
to learn Hands On. But now it seems everyone is trying to make big
changes in the way REV scripting is done. I can see being left out if I
don't learn these other ways. And not being able to understand the
shared scripts of others because they are using these.

I think it will divide us. Keep the message simple. If it's not broke,
then don't 'fix' it.

This is the main reason I am uncomfortable with Director. Yes I own the
Mac version of Director but don't use it that much. (it does have some
benefits but for most all  things I would rather use REV)
I prefer a window/stack & card & object approach rather than a play
movie and then loop at frame 21 and build an entire app in that frame.

I learn through dissection of OPS.

If I wanted to learn Java or something else I would not have bought REV.

Please don't go down this road. I don't think I will follow.........

Tom