Style: Select Grouped Controls

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Tue Feb 17 17:27:04 EST 2004

> I'd like to understand the motivation for leaving it on.  Are groups
> for you essentially for sharing controls among cards in multiple
> placement?  Are groups a way to insert scripts into the
> message path.
> That is, why use groups?

I use groups primarily for interface purposes - i.e. an actual group of
onscreen controls. I turn on the border and the showName and set the
name properly, set the margin and I'm done. But I tend to leave
selectGroupedControls off until I need to access what's inside the
group.

Most of the time I don't use grouped controls for "background" behavior
or for script insertion (I use backscripts and libraries for that).

My $0.02,

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software
Email: kray at sonsothunder.com