Windows Application Icon

Mark Brownell gizmotron at earthlink.net
Tue Feb 17 15:57:39 EST 2004

On Monday, February 16, 2004, at 11:05  PM, Chipp Walters wrote:

> Mark,
> Here's some stuff from ButtonGadget which might help. I believe it
> will do
> what you need it to (ButtonGadget extension is .plg). I put
> doRegistryStuffin the startup handler, so it runs each time.
>
>  put tPath&",1" into tVar
>   if queryregistry("HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\ButtonGadget\DefaultIcon\") <>
> tVar
> then
>     get setRegistry("HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\ButtonGadget\DefaultIcon\",tVar)
>   end if

AND

On Tuesday, February 17, 2004, at 02:11  AM, rodney tamblyn wrote:

> I don't know if this is relevant to the discussion, but you may need
> to set a registry entry to map the icon number to your file type, this
> is from the Metacard list archives:
>
> http://www.faqchest.com/prgm/hypertalk/metac-01/metac-0103/
> metac01032004_07477.html
>
> ~ Rodney
>
> -- register a defaultIcon for the file type
> get setRegistry("HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\FileView\DefaultIcon\", "C:\Program
> Files\FileView 1.0\FileView.exe,1")
> -- The 1 is the document icon of the executable. Icon 0 is the default
> executable icon.

Hi,

This is what I did and this is what regEdit reports happened. Take note
that I forced Windows to recognize the document icons and it added two
lines to the regEdit for Intuition:

   get setRegistry("HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.mtml\","Intuition")

   get setRegistry("HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Intuition\","Intuition MTML
document")

   get
setRegistry("HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Intuition\DefaultIcon\","C:\Program
Files\Intuiion\Intuition.exe,1")

   get
setRegistry("HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Intuition\shell\open\command\","C:\Progra
m Files\Intuiion\Intuition.exe %1")

RegEdit results: Please take note that the entry for
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Intuition\DefaultIcon data = 0. Is this what you get
after setRegistry() for DefaultIcon set to ,1  ?

Key Name:          HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.mtml
Class Name:        <NO CLASS>
Last Write Time:   2/14/2004 - 12:21 PM
Value 0
   Name:            <NO NAME>