OceanBrowser 1.0 - call for beta testers

Rodney Tamblyn rodney at oceanbrowser.com
Mon Feb 16 14:56:42 EST 2004

Hi everyone,

I am completing development of a new application called OceanBrowser,
which I am planning to release in four weeks.  I would be interested in
recruiting a small group of beta testers to participate in late stage
testing of this product.

OceanBrowser 1.0 will be available for OSX and Windows operating
systems.  A later release will add OS9 support.  I do not plan at this
stage to support Linux.

OceanBrowser integrates with your web browser, such that links in web
pages when clicked will open content in OceanBrowser.  OceanBrowser
allows users to browse collections of data distributed in the form of
((encrypted) database files.  Content can be displayed in OceanBrowser
itself, in external applications on the user's computer, or in the case
of web-content, the web browser itself. It is targeted at distance
learning providers who want to deliver learning content via the
internet, but who require a more immersive multimedia environment than
is typically possible within a conventional web browser.

OceanBrowser supports opening of Revolution stacks, however I am
currently still working through the issues surrounding trust and
security.  At present it will only directly open stacks which are
distributed in the (encrypted, signed) database files, are situated in
a "trusted" directory on the user's hard disk, or which are hosted on a
trusted domain such as http://www.oceanbrowser.com

If you are interested in participating in the beta program, please
email me back stating your interest in participating.  If I don't
already know you, I'd also be interested in a little background
information on why you would like to be involved in testing.

  I am particularly interested in beta participants who:
- are using Windows platforms other than Windows XP (nearly all my
current users are using XP, although more XP testers would still be
welcome)
- have an interest in, or experience with online learning
- have an interest in or experience with human computer interaction and
design issues

Beta testing will start in about a weeks time.

Regards,

~ Rodney

  --
Rodney Tamblyn