Launching in OS X Problems

Peter Reid preid at reidit.demon.co.uk
Mon Feb 16 03:39:51 EST 2004

Thanks Ken.  Your suggestion worked, but it needed a slight change:

     put "open -a" && quote & gWindowsMediaPlayer & \
         quote && quote & gClipFile & quote into tCmd
     get shell(tCmd)

I had to add the " -a" after the open command to ensure the Windows
Media Player (WMP) opened a file that is currently set to default to
opening with QuickTime (QT).  Without the "-a" BOTH WMP and QT open
up! (There was a missing "quote &" as well but I assume this was a
simple copy&paste slip).

--
Peter Reid
Reid-IT Limited, Loughborough, Leics., UK
E-mail: preid at reidit.co.uk
         preid at reidit.demon.co.uk
         peter.reidit at ntlworld.com
Web: http://www.reidit.co.uk