Sticky palettes

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Sun Feb 15 20:25:29 EST 2004

> > Ken, "dragWindow" in SC is just a message sent ot the
> current window
> > when the window has been dragged using the titleBar. In
> Rev, this same
> > message is called "moveStack".
> >
> > Note that in SC you get this message when you have finished
> dragging;
> -----------
> I don't think so. It looks like you're saying "dragWindow" in
> SC gets executed after you drag, but that cannot be true.
> Specifying a location for the palette window relative to the
> main window causes the palette to stay docked in the main
> window wherever you drag it. I'd be happy to send you an
> example I have running in SC4 if you like.

I'd like to see it; I made a simple project with an "on dragWindow"
handler at the card layer and told it to put the location of the window.
It only did so when I released. Earlier you'd mentioned a dragWindow
"function" - could this be the difference? Is there some kind of
external at play?

Just curious,

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software