SystemWindow editable fields?

Dan Soneson sonesond1 at southernct.edu
Sun Feb 15 17:32:01 EST 2004

> I just tried it in 2.1.2 under Panther (10.3.2) and it works for me; I
> can edit text, etc. Instead of trying to "topLevel" the stack, why
> don't
> you just set the systemWindow to false?
>
> Ken Ray
> Sons of Thunder Software

Thanks for your response, Ken.

By setting the systemWindow to false I would lose the ability to have
the window visible at all times. Unless, are you suggesting that I
somehow reset the systemWindow to true whenever the suspendStack
message is sent?

Are you able in Panther to open a web page in a separate browser and
then enter and edit text in a field with the systemWindow property set
to true? Most of the time the keydown messages get sent to the browser
and not to the Rev app, even though I click in the field to highlight
it in the Rev app first.

There are indeed times when this actually works in my project - I can
actually go back and forth between the Rev window and the browser
window and enter text into various fields in the Rev app, but those
times are rare. I can't figure out what causes it to work right.

Thanks,
Dan

Daniel B. Soneson
Director, Language Lab