group question

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Sun Feb 15 14:21:49 EST 2004

Doug,

There isn't a "select all objects" command, but you can accomplish it in
one of two ways:

1) select <obj1> and <obj2> and <obj3> ... and <objN>

2) repeat through all the objects and set the 'selected' property of the
object to true

Personally I prefer #2 as it is easier:

  repeat with x = 1 to the number of controls
    set the selected of control x to true
  end repeat

Then execute the "group" command.

After you have grouped a set of objects, you can select individual
objects in the group *by* script at any time, but if you want the user
to manipulate them with the pointer tool, you'll need to set the
selectGroupedControls property to true.

HTH,

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software