Launching in OS X Problems

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Sat Feb 14 21:40:00 EST 2004

Peter,

Use the shell command "open" that you can run through Terminal. The
basic syntax at the command line is:

  open <pathToApp> <pathToDoc>

So here's the code I used (watch wrapping):

  on mouseUp
    put "open" && quote & "/Applications/Windows Media Player/Windows
Media Player.app" & \
      quote && "/Applications/Windows Media Player/sample.asf" & quote
into tCmd
    get shell(tCmd)
  end mouseUp

Works like a charm...