Latitude and longitude and HIG

Stephen Quinn Barncard stephenREVOLUTION at barncard.com
Sat Feb 14 03:24:26 EST 2004

>And *why* did Apple drop something as useful as the Map control panel?
>
>--
>-Mark

For the same reason the geeks from NEXT got "not invented here"
syndrome, fired Tog and the Human Interface Group, and changed about
200 conventions and features that worked real well.

I really despise what they've done to the interface. Every day, I
cringe at the stupid things they've done and the cycle wasting eye
candy garbage. I hate the way the windows work, and the loss of the
Applications menu...

I'm a hard core Apple guy and the dark side is worse to me but there
is no reason for that except arrogance and an attempt to out do MS
with useless flash.

Having said that, OSX is fairly stable and fairly fast but they
didn't have to wreck that interface.

sqb