Exocet dreams

Thomas McGrath III 3mcgrath at adelphia.net
Fri Feb 13 14:59:00 EST 2004

Ken,
Thanks for the run down. Quite a lot to sink my teeth into. But a
wonderful idea.

Just a couple of comments.

1.) A library holder (add on stacks) - the library would 'know' how to
access them when available???

2.) Maybe this is more than one bot? A series of relational bots
designed to handle different types of info/demands.

4.) Although very difficult and mostly out of your control there are
some drivers built in for simple control (serial keys, mouse keys) so
if a switch exists it may have it's own driver and all you may need is
two actions on/off to control most every thing.

I will ponder what you have said and get back to you if I find anything
useful.

Talk more,

Tom

On Feb 13, 2004, at 2:17 PM, Ken Norris wrote:

> The difficulties for me will be four-fold:
>
> 1) Designing a truly extensible, expandable modular system which, at
> the
> same time, offers connectivity between appropriate modules. The fewer
> limits, the better.
>
> 2) Designing and maintaining the AI bot. It may involve some fairly
> convoluted multi-dimensional arrays, where I tend to get lost.
>
> 3) Gearing it to be able to _adapt_ to what is now high-end equipment
> (64-bit processors, etc,) and parallel processing algorithms when the
> price
> of that stuff starts coming down.
>
> 4) Handling driver control for lots of different controllers.

Thomas J. McGrath III
SCS
1000 Killarney Dr.
Pittsburgh, PA 15234